Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pinterest Tested - Water Colours!

A sweet colleague of mine was recently visiting my classroom and noticed my students throwing out our dried out markers.  She told me to stop immediately.  She said that she read on Pinterest that you could make water colours very easily out of dried out markers and water.  Well since I am so frugal and love Pinterest I thought I NEED to try this.  I immediately hit up the sight and found the link.  I was a bit skeptical at first but my goodness gracious we made water colours!!!  And we are now addicted to making marker water colours!!

Here is the original link I found: http://amanda0480.blogspot.ca/2011/05/recycling-old-and-crusty.html



All I did was use one marker and I stuck it in a small amount of water in a baby food jar.  I left it for about 4 days and when the kids and I tried it out they worked like a charm!  The colours aren't as deep as food colouring or actual water colours but for the frugal teacher this is a pin win!  I am heading to Michaels this weekend to get some good quality water colour paper and will post pictures of our marker water colours this week!

Lauren :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea, I'm going to try this today!! I just found your blog, I'm your newest follower!

✿Sue✿
Science for Kids Blog

Ms.M from Teachingisagift said...

Can't wait to see the finished products! I love doing watercolours with my class. I really like to use the watercolour crayons, you can get a lot of different effects with them! Teaching time is crazy right now, if you are not in testing mode like I am, you are in report card mode, or just plain when is this going to end mode! I wanted to invite you to drop by and enter the GIVEAWAY on my blog right now, just in case you missed it! It's a great 31Gifts organizer tote, I want all my Canadian blogger buddies to get in on the sale too! Jen the teacher sponsoring the party,is one of the first consultants for 31 Gifts in Canada! The prices are awesome...come and check it out!
Sidney
Teachingisagift

Post a Comment